, , ,

Artist Profile: MJ De Castro



We had a little chat with 19 year old fashion photographer, MJ De Castro and she tells us why she doesn't have a favorite photo yet.

Hi MJ! What photography genre are inclined to?

I mostly shoot fashion and photojournalism.



What's the most exciting thing about being a photographer?

I've always loved stories, and through photography, I've heard so many tales from the people that I've worked with --models, make up artists, designers, fishermen, tribal leaders, and IDPs.

Also, I think that photographers in Davao are so fortunate to have a diverse choice of subjects to choose from but to be honest, we could all use some recognition.



What's your take on Instagram?

A lot of people are taking it too seriously. As much as I love Instagram, I think that people have to remember that it's not always the real thing. Some users are slowly becoming too concerned about their virtual image.



Let's talk about VSCO Cam. Do you use its filters or do you try to create your own?

I've been using VSCO Cam since I started Instagramming. I use the presets but I always do a little tweaking depending on the photo. But mostly, I just play around with the exposure, contrast, and saturation.



What is your favorite photo?

"The one i'm going to take tomorrow." -Imogen Cunningham
That's my subtle way of telling you that I don't have a favorite photo yet.



What is a photographer for you?

Everyone can take pictures; but what makes a photographer is something way beyond having the ability to click the shutter. It's a cliche, I know. But whatever, most of time cliches are true.

A photographer is someone who can tell a story and convey emotions through pictures.





Check out MJ De Castro's portfolio here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@LIEUMAGAZINE

Blog Archive