,

Artist Profile: Danix



We talk to young Davao photographer Danix about Instagram, VSCOCam, and how it's like being a creative in Davao City.





Hi Danix! Please introduce yourself to our readers.

Hello LIEU! I'm Danica Rose Labarta who goes by the name of "Danix". Some people think I'm a boy, so let me correct that -- I'm obviously a girl. Haha! I'm a photographer from Davao City, who loves taking portraits of people. As for my photography style, I've always added that certain Asian flair in my photographs.



What's the most exciting thing about being a photographer?

The exciting part is when you get to meet beautiful and interesting personalities, not just models but those great photographers as well.



What's it like to be a photographer in Davao City?

I'm very lucky to be here in Davao City. The streets are safer for my Kanto Series and the people are more approachable. But, if you're a photographer with bigger dreams then Manila is probably the best place to be.



What's your take on Instagram?

Before, I didn't know anything about cleaning feeds so I just put all of my shots in there. Later, I realized that Instagram is a different kind of world. Right now I'm starting to clean my feed. Maybe I'll be posting stuff about my travels and some photos from my portfolio.

You can follow me at @danixnews.



Let's talk about VSCO Cam. Do you use its filters or do you try to create your own?

No. I don't use VSCO Cam. I'm so sensitive on the skin tone of the people I take photos of, so I make my own actions and presets.



Are you fond of making photography series or you just take photos randomly?

I have one, it's called Kanto Series. I always take street shots with every model I meet, so it's very convenient to continue this series. Most of the time, I take photos of my subjects in the middle of the streets. What's life without a little risk?

I love taking conceptual photographs too and it's mostly inspired by some famous sad stories like "Elisa Day."



What is your favorite photo?

This photo I took entitled "Floating Elisa."



What is a photographer for you?

For me, a true photographer don't talk about numbers or how fancy their lenses are because at the end of the day, only the output matters.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

@LIEUMAGAZINE

Blog Archive