,

Artist Profile: Loy Kabigting



We talk to Loy Kabigting, an up and coming tattoo artist, and he tells us that we should pay our tattoo artist what he deserves.

Interview by Aidx Paredes • Photographed by JM Santillan

Hi Loy, what's your story?

I'm Loy Kabigting and I'm a tattoo artist. I've been doing this since 2007 and I've also been working at I Am Ink Tattoo Studio for almost 4 years.



How did you start with Tattoo artistry?

A friend told me to try it and he let me borrow the machine he made. After that, I was hooked!



Do you consider it as an art or livelihood?

I consider it as both because I'm having fun and I'm also getting paid.


What's your tattoo style like? What do you usually ink your customers?

I always use black and grey ink because that's what I'm comfortable with. I believe my forte is tattooing portraits. But mostly, I do cover ups for my clients.



Is there any advice you'd like to give to those who want to get tattoos?

First of all, do some research. Second, find an artist that you trust. Lastly, pay the artist what he deserves.



How does it feel to be a tattoo artist here in Davao?

It's great! It's my home town and here, I've got my loved ones, friends, and a job that pays well. What more can I ask for?



What's next for you?

I think i'll take it to a whole new level.


Loy Kabigting is available for tattoo bookings,

visit his studio at LOCS Davao, Elena Arcade, Duterte Street, Davao City.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@LIEUMAGAZINE

Blog Archive